Saturday, August 22, 2009

Crusty Old Used Book Stores

Yesterday I went to Myopic Books, a used book store just off the Damen stop on the blue line. Yes, in the heart of Hipster Park. It was nice, cozy, musty, and probably ridden with mold in every corner, just the way I like my used book stores. It reminded me a lot of the Book Loft back in German Village, back in Columbus. It also, surprisingly enough, reminded me of a bookstore in Madrid that only sold books on film. It was glorious.

I purchased:

-The screenplay for The Royal Tenenbaums (it would be a nice guide for my screenwriting class this Fall)
-A book from 1977 about Swedish film (mainly for the design of the front cover, I'll admit)
-A biography on Walt Disney (meh, could contain some interesting little fun facts)
-A book on the cinema of Almodóvar (it's about time, Kimberly)
-A book in Spanish called Guardian Devil (whatevs)



No comments:

Post a Comment