Saturday, April 18, 2009

Good Times, Bad Times

Good times and bad times happened during the time I haven't posted.

Good time: Signed a lease on a studio apartment located in perhaps the coolest possible residential area in the Loop. Only $1177 a month for an apartment, party suite, fitness center (like I'll use it), 2 hot tubs, 2 saunas, a patio, a little park, complementary coffee, guest suites, a fancy Italian café next door, a morning shuttle bus that takes you up and down Michigan, and some sweetass modernist fountains outside. And it's just a 15 or 20-minute walk to the Michigan and Sharp buildings.

However, I'll need to crash somewhere from May 12th-June 5th since I can't move in 'till June 6th. Anyone need a housesitter?

Bad time: For some reason, after excitedly telling everyone that my piece was going to be in Art Bash, it didn't show up at Art Bash. I asked Leone, the teacher who sent it in, and she said she handed the copy of my video directly to the person who made the compilation that played at Art Bash. So hopefully that asshole will pay my tuition for the next three years, get fired, and/or be publicly humiliated in payment for the frustration and humiliation he/she caused me. Now I'm feeling like a total loser, so thanks, whoever you are and you know who you are. I missed out on seeing my work projected inside an actual theater setting because some twatface decided to be lazy and unprofessional that day.

Good time: I went to lunch with my uncle and my cousin who were in town on a short vacation. We ate at Cheesecake Factory and later on joined up with my aunt and my younger cousin to go to Filene's Basement. I bought two articles of Ben Sherman clothing for only $20 each. Such a bargain, I tell you.

Bad time: I was not born to gesso. Especially pieces of masonite.

...I can housesit from May 12th-June 5th...

No comments:

Post a Comment