Monday, April 6, 2009

Turtle Burger

I think I'm under the impression that all the stuff I make in my film/video class isn't what I normally make, which is quite ironic. It's probably mostly due to the fact that we're working in groups, therefore, we're using a cluster of everyone's ideas instead of solely my own, twisted ideas.

Speaking of ideas, we had to make a proposal in front of the class for a video projection that's due next week (surprise!) Everyone had to pitch their ideas, and afterward we all had to vote on which ideas we wanted to realize. I thought mine was pretty clever, however, I don't think I pitched it the way I wanted to. I wanted to collect found footage and my own personal footage of Madrid (the other three members would have collected footage for another place that's dear to them) and then project it as a collage on a blank wall (the other three would have been on the other three walls.) And in the center I wanted to put a heat lamp or warm spotlight with a comfortable seating cushion for people to view the projection and listen to the sound pieces (via headphones) corresponding to each projection. My idea was to display a location that was dear to the artist, and then transfer that warm, comfy feeling the artists feels about it to the viewer. A little cheesy, maybe, but with a group I could've found a happy medium.

I don't know. Maybe it's not as cool as putting speakers next to colored water and watching it vibrate against a background of iTunes visualizers. 'Scuse the lack of overly conceptual bullshit -- the Japanese students would've loved it.

Did I mention "The Kimberly Ad" is going to be in Art Bash? Honestly, I forget, I'm not trying to be annoying.

I also kind of peeped over at the computer of the girl sitting next to me in film and video today and noticed she was on this website called Future Milk. Check this shiz out:

That's right, try not to get eaten, TURTLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment