Monday, October 12, 2009

Knittin' 'n Learnin' German

It's about that time of year again -- that time when I buy some yarn and knit 1/2 of a scarf for 2 weeks until I get bored with it. I went to Loopy Yarns today after Screenwriting class to get some supplies. The ladies there are, well, loopy.

Downloaded some "Learn German" podcasts as well. They. Are. Bizarre. My first two "lessons" involved simply "listening to the sound of the German language" and "relaxing" to long, drawn-out musical interludes. So far I can say "This is a song by Claus Hoffman." And all the other stuff Americans tend
to pick up as they go along.

Tomorrow I meet with someone at Berlitz for a language learning consultation to figure out which German class I would be best suited for. If I pick up on it as fast as I did Spanish, then maybe I'll be able to constantly skip ahead to the next level. (FUN FACT: I skipped a year of Spanish in high school. Just sayin'.)

(Click to enlarge)
Ok, I'm looking at this graph, trying not to get too cocky, trying not to tell myself that I'll complete levels 1-6 in 20 lessons each.

No comments:

Post a Comment