Sunday, October 4, 2009

Puppet Show and Pete Campbell

Didn't wake up until 1-ish today. It was definitely one of those nights when the longer you sleep, the more tired you get. Luckily, I was able to rouse myself in time to make it to Links Hall, where I helped set up a one-man puppet show performed by my puppet teacher. Another girl from my puppet class was there and we ended up circling Wrigleyville searching for a place to fill an air tank. But before that we helped put together these insanely thrifty yet awesome stage pieces. And then I also had to run to Walgreens to buy some black eyeliner, cold cream, and chap stick.

The show, called "Hard Headed Heart", was amazing. It was a series of three segments, beginning with a very comedic Spanish Punch and Judy type sketch with hand puppets. Loved that stage piece -- it was sort of janky and reminded me of Splash Mountain. The second was a musical piece with marionettes called "St. James Infirmary", based on the poem. There was puppet sex in that one. The last was a shadow puppet interpretation of "13 Different Ways of Looking at a Blackbird", which was quite inspiring. Would make for, perhaps, the greatest open
ing credit sequence in a film. "Mad Men" this week certainly improved from last week. But that mainly might have to do with me seeing Pete Campbell (a.k.a. the dashing GQMF below) shirtless:

You devilish little weasel, you. Treat me like a German au pair and getinmypantscoughcough.

Blehk, I've got a paper due Tuesday. There goes my Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment