Friday, March 20, 2009

Apartments, Ahoy!

Today I looked at two apartments.

The first one was located in between the Chicago and Grand stops on the red line, and, boy, was that neighborhood majestic. The apartment itself was located on top of a Designer Resale shop, right on a happy little tree-lined street, across from Starbucks and Whole Foods. Quite the Yuppyhood. It was a pretty sunny studio with bay windows and French doors leading to the kitchen.

However, I noticed that the door was kind of busted. When I asked the realtor about it, he said that there was an emergency where they needed to ax down the door to get in. Sketchy, much? But other than that it's pretty much a steal -- $1085 in the Loop? I oughta sign up now! The people at Chicago Apartment Finders were amazed as well, but changed their minds once I mentioned the door. Plus, the dude at that place (the apartment in the loop) didn't seem so "Wham! Pow! Apartment! Deal!" about the place, if you know what I mean. The painting was a little lumpy and poopy too.

I took a nice stroll from the apartment to the Instituto Cervantes. I picked up some information on advanded/intensive classes and the DELE test. I need to brush up on my Castillian Spanish, and perhaps learn some Basque or Catalan if I wish.

I also went to Beyond the Wall to kill some time before my appointment at Chicago Apartment Finders. I bought a postcard of Young Pete (From "Pete & Pete") posing next to Artie, the Strongest Man in the World:



Then I went to Chicago Apartment Finders, where Josh took me to see some apartments. Unfortunately I was only able to see this one 1 Bedroom apartment in Lincoln Park, which was probably perfect for me. I'm planning on checking out some more on Tuesday, even though I feel a small spot in my heart being carved out for that Lincoln Park apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment