Saturday, March 28, 2009

...At the Edge!

I am not going to apologize for not posting in a while, because apparently Cory Arcangel is planning on possibly creating a blog filled with blog posts from other blogs that say, "Sorry I haven't posted in a while." (Click "Continuous Partial Awareness" to find out some more of his insane ideas. Reminds me of things either Kirk or Tim or both would suggest.)

Anyway, I tried taking a walk around the area where my apartment for next year is going to be, however, with it being monsoon season in Chicago today I could barely make it past the El stop. An old Asian man tried telling me something in his native tongue while waiting for the train back to the Loop. Then he walked away, confused. I must be turning Thai/Vietnamese already (the place I'm going to live is right next to "Little Vietnam" and some Thai restaurants.)

The security guard at the Chicago Building desk asked me how to pronounce my last name. I pronounced it. And then he asked if it was Italian. I replied, "Yes." Yay, I'm still ethnic!

I just ate a blueberry muffin and now it's onto the monstrous coffee cake muffin.

Oh! I saw the Naoyuki Tsuji animations this aftern
oon, a.k.a. an hour after I woke up. It was supposed to be a Conversations... at the Edge! presentation, but there were some technical difficulties the night it was supposed to happen. But now I must write a formal response for Media Practices. Unfortunately, not having been able to seen the artist, a large chunk of this essay will be missing, as I'm sure I would've had some interesting/snide comments about the artist's physical appearance, as I always do.


My response to every question for now on: "I don't know, why don't you go ask your friend Billy Zane."

2 comments:

  1. may i request some Jeff Goldblum involvement in honor of my now-defunct-due-to-lack-of-interest) Jeff Goldblum Fan Club?

    ReplyDelete