Thursday, March 12, 2009

Canción

Everyone in high school wrote "songs". I, certainly, was a "song"writer. However, I seem to be continuing this habit into college, as I've written a Fania-type song in Spanish. It's inspired by my recent fallouts with boys in the past week. (And yes, I've had three kinda traumatic experiences with boys in the past 7 days, maybe even less. My life is sad.)

English translation below

"No Me Quieren"

Me presentó un amigo
A un amigo llamado Guille
Y nos liamos, hablamos tanto
Pero hoy me dijo que no
(No seguiré)

Guille no me quiere
No me quiere, no me quiere
Y Guille no me quiere
Cuando le pido, le caigo triste

Yendo de copas una noche
Conocí el Benjamín
Y nos liamos, hablamos tanto
Hace tres meses que no nos vemos

Benjamín no me quiere
No me quiere, no me quiere
Benjamín no me quiere
Cuando le llamo, él no responde

Una noche de pasiones
Conocí a un ingles
Y nos liamos, hablamos nunca
Pero sigue llamándome

A Tomás no le quiero
No le quiero, no le quiero
Y a Tomás yo no le quiero
Cuando me llama, no quiero hablar


"
They Don't Want Me"

My friend introduced me
To his friend Liam
We messed around, we talked a lot
But today he told me no
(I can't go on)

Liam doesn't want me
He doesn't want me, doesn't want me
Oh, Liam doesn't want me
When I ask him, I sound so sad

Drinking one night
I met Ben
We messed around, we talked a lot
I haven't seen him in three months

Ben doesn't want me
He doesn't want me, doesn't want me
Oh, Ben doesn't want me
When I call him, he doesn't respond

One night of passion
I met an Englishman
We messed around, we hardly talked
But he keeps calling me

I don't want Tom
I don't want him, I don't want him
Oh Tom, I don't want him
When he calls me, I don't want to talk


No comments:

Post a Comment